Start Your Insurance Career With Our Insurance License Courses
XCEL offers a blended learning path to meet the needs of every learning style. Our Insurance Pre-Licensing Courses and 3-Part Training program are designed to help you pass your exam the first time.
Why Choose XCEL for Your Insurance Licensing?
Proven 3-Part System
Trusted to Pass
Variety of Study Options
How to Get Your Insurance License in 4 Steps
XCEL is the nation’s most trusted provider of insurance exam prep solutions. Students can become licensed in just a few weeks by enrolling in our pre-licensing course bundle and following our proven, three-step training process.
Determine what type of insurance you want to start selling
Life Insurance: Includes coverage to beneficiaries when the insured person prematurely dies in exchange for premiums paid by policyholder during their lifetime.
Health Insurance: Includes coverage for a portion of medical expenses and doctor’s visits in return for a payment of a monthly premium.
Property & Casualty Insurance: Property insurance includes coverage for property owners such as homeowners, renters, flood of earthquake insurance. Casualty insurance includes coverage for individuals, employers and businesses for loss of property, damage or other liabilities.
Personal Lines Insurance: Includes insurance coverage for individuals against loss resulting from death, injury or loss of property.
Familiarize yourself with the insurance license requirements
- You need to be at least 18 years old
- You will need to complete an insurance pre-licensing course for the given insurance line. This is determined by the state and could include a number of hours or topics.
- You will need to pass your state’s insurance licensing exam for the given insurance line. XCEL can help you satisfy your pre-licensing education requirement as well as help you prep for your exam.
- You will need to pass a background check which often includes fingerprinting as determined by your state.
- You will need to complete Continuing Education requirements in order to renew or keep your insurance license. Each state’s requirement is different.
To understand the insurance license requirements for your state, check out our Insurance License Requirement page.
Prepare to pass with online insurance license courses
Pass your state insurance license exam
Prepare for Insurance Licensing Exam With XCEL
XCEL provides you with a mobile-friendly, interactive toolbox of online study aids, review tools, and comprehensive knowledge assessments to approach your exam with confidence and proficiency.