Michigan Insurance License Classes Online
Michigan Life and Health Pre-licensing
Michigan Life Pre-licensing
Michigan Health Pre-licensing
Michigan Property and Casualty Pre-licensing
Michigan Casualty Pre-licensing
Michigan Property Pre-licensing
O registrarse para cursos de Español
Michigan State Insurance Licensing Requirements
HOW TO OBTAIN A MICHIGAN INSURANCE PRODUCER LICENSE
Complete the prelicensing course.
- Life Only – 20 hours
- Accident & Health Only – 20 hours
- Life, Accident and Health – 40 hours
- Casualty – 20 hours
- Property – 20 hours
- Property and Casualty – 40 hours
- Personal lines – 40 hours
- This is a forced progression (locked) state that requires the student to review each lesson and pass each of the chapter quiz before moving onto the next section/chapter.
- Assessments on key topics throughout the course and must be successfully passed with a minimum score of 70% before moving onto the next chapter.
- Mandatory final exam.
To be eligible for a Certificate of completion, you must follow several steps:
- Completion of the course including the final exam.
- Download and Print certificate through the “Transcript” tile on the user dashboard.
- Course completion rosters will be reported to the Department of Insurance within two (2) business days.
- Education providers are required to collect and report the last four of the ssn.
- Certificates are valid for 12 months.
Schedule the Michigan State examination.
- Registration must be completed online on PSI website: https://home.psiexams.com/#/home
- Exam fee – $41
Limitation on repeat examinations:
- There are no limitations on retaking the exam.
Online proctored exams:
- You must check the compatibility of your computer before registering for the exam. https://syscheck.bridge.psiexams.com
- If your computer is not compatible with the online software, you will need to schedule your examination at PSI test center.
Pass your state exam
- Take advantage of the cram courses (Prep Review and Exam Simulator) within your prelicensing course during the waiting period.
- Prep Review Course: This part of the training features content “boiled down to the essence” of the state exam. Chapters have only a few pages of material, but the content must be mastered to pass. Instructionally designed to teach individuals how to pass, most study effort should be invested here. Chapter exams are substantially larger (50+ questions), providing exposure to the types of questions seen on the state exam.
- Exam Simulator: These special exams are designed to gauge content retention levels. Important: Only take the Exam Simulators after the Prep Review Course has been successfully completed. It ensures these questions will be “fresh in the mind”.
- On the day of testing, you must present two forms of identification bearing your signature, one of which must be a valid government issued photo id.
Apply for license
- Submit license application online through www.nipr.com
- Application fee $10 per line of authority
- NIPR does not verify exams prior to allowing submission of an application, however, an exam is required prior to the state’s approval of the request.
- If applicant responds “yes” to one of the background questions, please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR’s Attachments Warehouse. The documents are stated as follows and may be submitted to the state via mail, email, or fax:
- A written statement explaining the circumstances.
- A certified copy of the official document which demonstrates the resolution of the charges or any final judgment.
PSI Exam Outlines
|Life||Health||Life and Health|
|Life Insurance Basics||21||0||15|
|Life Insurance Policies||12||0||8|
|Life Insurance Policy, Provisions, Options, and Riders||21||0||15|
|Federal Tax Considerations for Life Insurance and Annuities||5||3||8|
|Accident and Health Insurance Basics||0||18||15|
|Individual Health Insurance Policy General Provisions||0||7||7|
|Federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act||0||10||8|
|Health Insurance for Senior Citizens and Special Needs Individuals||0||13||12|
|Total for all parts|
|Total Scored Questions on Exam||100||100||150|
|Maximum Time allowed to complete exam in minutes||120||120||150|
|Property and Casualty|
|Property and Casualty Insurance|
|Property and Casualty Insurance Basics||30|
|Commercial Package Policy||18|
|Workers’ Compensation Policy||8|
|Other Coverages and Options||6|
|Total for all parts|
|Total Scored Questions on Exam||150|
|Maximum Time allowed to complete exam in minutes||150|
Producer Licensing Checklist:
|1. Complete prelicensing course|
|2. Register for exam|
|3. Pass exam|
|4. Apply for license|
Name: Department of Insurance and Financial Services
Address: PO Box 30220 Lansing, MI 48909-7720
Working as an Insurance Agent
Property and Casualty Insurance Agents
What can you expect working as an agent? Property and casualty insurance agents work with clients to help secure policies that protect people and businesses from financial loss.
For individuals many of these events include automobile accidents, fire, theft. For businesses these events can include the same as individuals but can also include workers’ compensation claims, product liability claims, or medical malpractice claims.
Life Insurance Agents
What can you expect from working as an Insurance agent? Life insurance agents work with clients to help secure policies that pay beneficiaries when a policyholder passes away. Life insurance agents also can help people prepare for retirement by offering certain types of annuities.
Health and long-term care insurance agents work with clients to help secure policies that cover the costs of medical care and assisted-living services. They also can help clients secure dental insurance and disability insurance.
Why Students Choose XCEL
XCEL is the nation’s online insurance education industry leader. We provide you with all the tools and study material you will need to pass the state exam the first time. We understand how people learn and incorporate every detail of our knowledge to help you succeed.
of Study Options
XCEL offers a unique three-step training program instructionally designed to prepare you to pass the first time.
XCEL is the nation’s most trusted provider of test-prep solutions for insurance industry licensing exams. Our courses are built around questions similar to those seen on the exams.
Don’t Delay, Start Today!
View insurance courses below to find out what pre-licensing courses are required for your state.