Wyoming Insurance Continuing Education
Looking for Wyoming insurance continuing education classes? XCEL has you covered!
WY 24-Hour Life and Health Continuing Education Package (Initial)
WY 24-Hour Property and Casualty Continuing Education Package (Initial)
Choose XCEL –
Your Career Partner
When it comes to completing your CE requirements, we understand that there are several factors that can make it a challenge.
With XCEL, you can expect a career-spanning partnership that promises vast study resources, support and insights from selected industry experts.
All Your CE Needs
At XCEL, you can shop for all your CE and compliance need in one place.
Easy To Order
Choose from popular CE packages, or build one that works best for you.
We aim to keep our pricing competitive to allow everybody to have access.
Wyoming CE Regulatory Requirements
Wyoming Insurance License Renewal and Compliance RequirementsXCEL Solutions provides this information as a courtesy to licensees subject to insurance continuing education requirements. Although every effort is made to maintain the accuracy of this course, recent changes in laws and procedures may not yet be reflected in the content. All information is subject to change without notice.
License Renewal TimelinesAgents holding a Major Lines license (Property, Casualty, Personal Lines, Accident & Health, Life or Variable Products) are required to renew their license by the last day of their birth month every two years.
- On-going renewal periods are the last day of the agent’s birth month every two (2) years
Complete Required Continuing Education
Requirements per LicenseLicensees renewing a Property, Casualty, Personal Lines, Accident & Health, Life or Variable Products license are required to complete 24 hours of approved continuing education, 3 of which must be approved as ethics, before submitting their renewal application.
Specific Product Training RequirementsThe Wyoming Department of Insurance requires specific training requirements for individual agents selling, soliciting, or negotiating Long-Term Care products (LTC), Flood Insurance products (NFIP), and Annuity products (Annuity). Failing to complete the required training may jeopardize the agent’s authority to sell the related insurance products.
Long-term Care Training Requirements
- Life or Accident & Health licensees must complete an approved 8-hour Long-term Care course before selling, soliciting, or negotiating long-term care insurance.
- Agents must also complete an approved 4-hour LTC refresher course every renewal period to continue selling, soliciting, or negotiating long-term care insurance.
- The initial and refresher LTC course credits count towards the agent's 24-hour CE requirement.
- Resident agents may complete these training requirements in any state provided the department has approved the course for long-term care credit prior to the agent taking the course.
- Non-resident agents may complete these training requirements in any state.
Annuity Training Requirements
- Life or Variably Annuity licensees must complete an approved one-time 4-hour Annuity Training course before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products.
- Annuity Training course credits count towards the agent's 24-hour CE requirement.
- Resident and non-resident agents may complete these training requirements in any state with laws substantially similar to Wyoming.
Flood Insurance (NFIP) Training Requirements
- Property and Casualty or Personal Lines licensees must complete an approved one-time 3-hour National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) course by the end of their first renewal period if they plan to sell, solicit, or negotiate Flood insurance.
- The National Flood Insurance Program course credits count towards the agent's 24-hour CE requirement.
- Licensees can use independent self-study courses to fill all requirements.
- Licensees may take courses in any line of authority.
- Self-study exams are closed book and require a monitor/proctor.
- Duplicate courses completed in the same renewal period are not allowed and cannot be carried over to future renewal cycles.
- Excess credit hours earned in the previous biennial renewal period cannot be carried over to the next reporting period. Any excess is lost.
Reporting to your state
- Students must provide their National Producer Number (NPN) to report on course completion.
- $1.00 per credit hour is required to report course completions to your state.
- Course completions are reported within one business day.
Renew Your LicenseResident and nonresident license renewal applications are processed through NIPR. A $100 renewal fee is required. Agents with a continuing education requirement must obtain all required credits prior to their license expiration date. An agent will not be eligible to renew their insurance license(s) until they have satisfied their continuing education requirement.
Helpful ResourcesFind your Wyoming Insurance License Number View your CE transcript Renew your license. Wyoming Department of Insurance - Licensing Division
- 106 East 6th Street, Cheyene, WY 82002
Ready to get started?
Browse Insurance CE Courses Now